Dr V NARAYANAN
Deputy Director- Cryogenic Propulsion Engines & Stage Entity & Project Director-C25 Cryogenic Project, Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre, Indian Space Research Organisation, Thiruvananthapuram
Areas of Interest:
Design of Cryogenic & Semi Cryogenic Propulsion System Specifically Cycle analysis, Thrust & Mixture ratio control system design, start & shut off sequence development, Mathamatical modelling and Performance prediction, Engine level development & qualification plan finalization and Test data & flight data analysis. .
Cryogenic & Semi cryogenic Rocket Propulsion, Project Management for Cryo Stage Realisation
Propulsion Systems for Launch vehicles, Missiles and Air crafts .
Sector Associated With:
Sectors Interested to Offer Service:
Educational / Academic institutions, Industry (Private), Industry (PSUs), R&D Organizations, Government (including funding agencies)
Major Professional Contributions:
Joined (ISRO) in 1984 and worked in the solid propulsion systems for four years. For the last 28 years working in Cryogenic & Semi Cryogenic Propulsion Systems Development. Contributed in the experimental studies carried out on various cryogenic propulsion systems using Liquid Oxygen and Liquid hydrogen. Made significant contributions in the development of indigenous Cryogenic Upper stage engine for the GSLV MkII vehicle. Contributed in CE20 Cryogenic Engine design and development for GSLV MKIII vehicle. Also contributed in the design of high thrust (2000 kN) LOX-Kerosene semi cryogenic engine for future launch vehicles of ISRO. .
- Associate Vehicle Director (Cryo) GSLV-D5/GSAT-14 Mission
- Deputy Director-Cryogenic Propulsion Engines & Stage Entity
- Project Director-C25 Cryogenic Project,
- Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre, Indian Space Research Organisation, Thiruvananthapuram
* Cryogenic Propulsion Design
* cryo engine Mathamatical modelling & performance prediction
* Engine cycle analysis
* Engine start & shut off sequence development
* Failure analysis of Cryogenic Propulsion System
* Test data analysis.
Liquid Propulsion systems Centre,
Indian Space Research Organisation,
Thiruvananthapuram - 695 547
Phone : 0471-2567387
Mobile : 09446981119
Fax : 0471-2567712
- AMIE, Mechanical Engineering, 1987, Institution of Engineers
- M.Tech, Cryogenic Engineering, 1989, IIT- Kharagpur
- Ph.D, Aerospace Engineering, 2000, IIT- Kharagpur
Awards and Major Professional Recognitions
- "MC Joshi Award", National Cryogenic Council, 1999
- "Scroll of Merit" National Cryogenic Symposium, 1999
- "ASI Gold Medal", Astronautical Society of India, for outstanding contribution in Cryogenic Engine development for ISRO, 2004
- "ISRO Merit Award' for contribution in realization and static test of cryogenic upper stage, 2008
- Best technical paper award from Aeronautical society of india for the the paper presented in the National Propulsion Conference in the year 2012
- ISRO Professional Excellence Award in the year 2012
- ISRO team award for the successful flight testing on Indian Cryogenic stage, 2014.
- ISRO Team award for GSLV-Mk III Experimental mission in the year 2014.
- Leader of the team which was given the Team award for Indian Cryogenic Stage Development from High Energy Material Society of India (HEMSI) in the year 2014.
- The paper on CE20 Cryo engine development presented in IAC Toronto (Canada) in 2014 was selected as the best paper.
INAE Section Affiliated VII: Aerospace Engineering
Year of Election to Fellowship: 2015
Year of Birth: 1964