Professor Subimal Ghosh
Associate Professor, IIT Bombay
Areas of Interest:
Hydro-meteorology, Climate Change impacts assessment on water resources, hydro-meteorological forecasts and prediction, meso scale hydrological simulations, water-food-energy nexus, water management, urban climate and hydrology.
Water Resources Engineering, Climate studies
Hydrological forecast and prediction, Climate change impacts assessment, water management, flood forecasting.
Sector Associated With:
Sectors Interested to Offer Service:
Educational / Academic institutions, Industry (Private), Industry (PSUs), R&D Organizations, Government (including funding agencies), Entrepreneurs, Venture Capitalists, Consultancy Firms, Private Agencies, Individuals
Major Professional Contributions:
Prof. Subimal Ghosh works in the area of hydro-meteorology and some of his research contributions include climate change impacts assessment on Indian monsoon with statistical downscaling, understanding land surface feedback to monsoon, hydrological simulation, urban extreme rainfall forecasts, and prediction, and flood forecasting .
- After Phd, joined IITB and continuing in the same.
Climate Change, Hydrology, Urban Hydrology, Extreme Meteorological Events.
Department of Civil engineering, IIT Bombay,
Powai, Mumbai - 400 076 +91 22 2576 7319, +91 9930663969
- BE (Jadavpur University), ME (IISc, bangalore), PhD (IISc, bangalore)
Awards and Major Professional Recognitions
- Editorial Board Member (Associate Editor)
of Journal of Earth System Science, published by Indian Academy of Sciences
- National Academy of Science India (NASI)
Platinum Jubilee Young Scientist Award 2013
in Electronics, Computer and Engineering Sciences Reviewer of IPCC AR5 report (WG II)
- Young Scientist Award 2012 from Indian
National Science Academy (INSA) in ,Engineering and Technology,
- Young Investigator Award 2012 from
Industrial Research & Consultancy Centre,
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai.
- Indian National Academy of Engineers (INAE) Young Engineer Award 2011.
- Institute of Engineers (India) Young Engineer (Civil) Award 2011
- The outstanding reviewer award for Journal of
Hydrologic Enginnering, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), 2010.
- BOYSCAST Fellowship (2009-10) from
Department of Science and Technology,
to work in Oak Ridge National Laboratory, TN, US
- Indian Science Congress Association Young
Scientist Award for 2009-2010 in ,Engineering Sciences,
- Prof. N S Govinda Rao Medal Best
Ph. D. Thesis Award 2007 from Department of
Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Fast Track Project Grant for Young Scientists from
Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC),
Department of Science and Technology (DST), India (2007)
- Risk Minimization in Water Quality Control Problems
of a River System,, by Ghosh and Mujumdar (2006)
has been selected as one of the 25 hottest articles of
Advances in Water Resources in 3 consecutive periods.
(Oct-Dec 2005 [Rank-1], Jan-Mar 2006 [Rank-1], Apr-Jun 2006 [Rank-7]).
INAE Section Affiliated I: Civil Engineering
Year of Election to Fellowship:
Year of Birth: 17 November 1979