Professor Shrikrishna Vyankatesh Kulkarni
Associate Dean-II (Infrastructure, Planning and Support) and Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay
Areas of Interest:
Transformers: Design, Analysis and Diagnostics,
Electromagnetic and Coupled Field Computations,
Power Engineering: Distributed Generation and Smart Grids,
High Voltage Engineering: Insulation Design/Diagnostics.
Electrical Machines, Electromagnetics, Power Systems
Power transformers, Electromagnetics.
Sector Associated With:
Sectors Interested to Offer Service:
Educational / Academic institutions, Industry (Private), Industry (PSUs), R&D Organizations, Government (including funding agencies)
Major Professional Contributions:
- A book on Transformers
- Over 150 publications
- One Indian patent and one US patent
- Conducted Training Programs on Finite Element Method, Engineering Electromagnetics, Computational Electromagnetics and Power Transformers for industry and academia
- Carried out sponsored research in the areas of power systems and computational electromagnetics
- Interactions with industries through consultancy project
For details see: https://www.ee.iitb.ac.in/wiki/faculty/svk.
- Associate Dean-II (Infrastructure, Planning and Support), IIT Bombay, since January 6, 2015.
- Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay: since February 27, 2009.
- Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay: March 28, 2005 to February 26, 2009.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay: April 26, 2001 to March 27, 2005.
- March 1, 1990 to April 25, 2001: Design and development of power transformers and shunt reactors upto 400 kV class, 315 MVA at Crompton Greaves Limited.
Prof. S. V. Kulkarni
Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering
IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai-400076
Awards and Major Professional Recognitions
- Best paper award in Technology Convention of Crompton Greaves Limited in 1995 in Mumbai
- Best paper award in Technology Convention of Crompton Greaves Limited in 1999 in Mumbai
- Young Engineer Award 2000 conferred by Indian National Academy of Engineering for contributions in 'Electromagnetic field calculations in transformers and high voltage insulation design
- Career Award for Young Teachers conferred by All India Council for Technical Education, India, in 2001
- Second Best Paper Award at International Conference on Transformers held in 2002 in Mumbai
- IEEMA (Indian Electrical and Electronics Manufacturers Association) Best Paper Award at International Conference on Transformers held in 2006
- A special award and recognition for contributions to TRAFOTECH-2010: International Conference on Transformers held in January 2010
- Elected as a Fellow of INAE with effect from 01-01-2012
- Editor – IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery
- Fellow of The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, India
- A member of the Governing Council of Central Power Research Institute
12. Best paper award in Power and Energy Track in IEEE Indicon Conference 2013
- A citation award by Central Power Research Institute, India, for contribution to the field of transformers
- A member of Expert Committee on R&D in Power Sector set up by Ministry of Power, Govt of India
- Chairman – Technical Committee on Grid, Distribution and Energy Conservation Research, Ministry of Power
- A member of the Standing Committee on R&D for research schemes of Ministry of Power, Govt of India
INAE Section Affiliated To : Section V: Electrical Engineering
Year of Election to Fellowship: 2012
Year of Birth: 1967