Dr. Raksh Vir Jasra
Senior Vice President (R&D), Reliance Industries Limited
Areas of Interest:
Chemical Industrial R&D
Catalysis, Adsorption Separation, Nano materials; R&D management
Catalysis, Adsorption Separation, Purification; R&D management
Sector Associated With:
Sectors Interested to Offer Service:
Educational / Academic institutions, Industry (Private), R&D Organizations, Government (including funding agencies), Entrepreneurs, Venture Capitalists
Major Professional Contributions:
Developed 31 processes, 16 were commercialised./transferred industries namely Gujarat Refinery, Baroda, IPCL, Baroda, Strides Arco Bangalore, Kadvani Chemicals, Jamnagar, GNFC, Bharuch, and Eco Organics, Rampur; Reliance Industries Limited , Mumbai and Aquila Chemicals, Mumbai.
281 research articles including Six Chapters in books and Seven Review articles published in national and international journals.
65 patents granted including 24 U.S. patents. 50 patent applications in process.
300+ technical reports from RIL/IPCL, Baroda and CSMCRI, Bhavnagar on process transfer to various outside agencies.
PhD Thesis Supervision:
25 PhD thesis completed and 15 M. Tech. (Chem. Engg.) thesis supervised.
- March 2008-till date
Reliance Technology Group, Reliance Industries Limited, Vadodara Manufacturing Division, Vadodara Senior Vice President and Head., Reliance Technology Group, Vadodara.
- February 2002-March 2008
Central Salt & Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Bhavnagar, India Director Grade Scientist G, Head, Disc. Inorganic Materials & Catalysis.
- February 1997-February 2002
Central Salt & Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Bhavnagar, India Scientist F, Head, Silicates & Catalysis Discipline and Analytical Instrumentation.
- June 1995-February 1997
Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd., Baroda, India Manager (R&D).
- September 1990-June 1995
Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd., Baroda, Deputy Manager (R&D).
- March 1986-September 1990
Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd., Baroda, Sr. Research Officer.
- November 1982-March 1986
Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd., Baroda Research Officer.
- November 1981-March 1982
Hindu College, Delhi, Lecturer in Chemistry.
Catalysis, Adsorption separation, R&D management, Nano materials
Dr. R. V. Jasra, R&D Centre, Reliance Industries Limited, Vadodara Manufacturing Division, Vadodara, 391346, India
Phone: 0265-6693935; 09724314454
- PhD, IIT Delhi, 1981.
- Visiting scientist at Imperial College of Science and Technology, London (1989-1990).
Awards and Major Professional Recognitions
- Federation of Gujarat Industries award for excellence in research, 2015.
- Indian Merchants Chamber (IMC) Inclusive Innovation Award 2014, Certificate of recognition to Reliance Industries Limited for developing refinery sulfur based soil nutrient with multi-functional activity.
- National Award for Technology Innovation in Petrochemicals and Downstream Plastic Processing Industry was for the Development of Self-Healing Rubber by the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India, 2015.
- National Award for Technology Innovation in Petrochemicals and Downstream Plastic Processing Industry was for the Development of New Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) for defense applications by the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India, 2014.
- National Award for Technology Innovation in Petrochemicals and Downstream Plastic Processing Industry was for the Development of polymeric packaging for extending shelf life of agriculture, floriculture and horticulture produce by the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India, 2013.
- Nominated for ENI award, Italy in 2012.
- Kullor Memorial lecture at Chemical Engineering department, IISc., Bangalore, 2012.
- Bharat Jyoti Award for outstanding contributions and remarkable service by Indian International Friendship Society, New Delhi, 2012.
- Vasvik Award for outstanding contribution in Chemical Science and Technology, 2011.
- Fellow, Gujarat Science Academy, 2010.
- Prof. S. K. Bhattacharya Eminent Scientist Award of Catalysis Society of India for the year, 2008.
- Prof. K. G. Naik Gold medal award for the year 2006 for outstanding
contributions in applied chemical research, The M. S. University of Baroda.
- Fellow of Indian National Academy of Engineering, 2008.
- Bronze medal for significant contributions to research in chemistry, Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI), 2007.
- Professor B. D. Tilak visiting fellowship, University of Mumbai, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, 2006-07.
- UPL distinguished speaker award of IIChE at ChemCon, 2008.
INAE Section Affiliated To: Section IV: Chemical Engineering
Year of Election to Fellowship: 2008
Year of Birth: Nov. 28, 1952