Professor Mrityunjoy Chakraborty
Professor, Department of ECE,, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Areas of Interest:
A. Major : Electronics and Communication Engg.
B. Topics : Digital Signal Processing (DSP), Adaptive Signal Processing, Compressed
Sensing, VLSI for DSP, Signal Processing for Communications, Applied Linear
Sector Associated With:
Sectors Interested to Offer Service:
Educational / Academic institutions, Industry (Private), Industry (PSUs), R&D Organizations, Government (including funding agencies), Consultancy Firms
Major Professional Contributions:
The significant research contributions of the fellow include development of methods for block-floating-point based realization of adaptive filters, introduction of CORDIC and also canonic-signed-digit format to reduce multiplicative complexities enormously in adaptive filters, novel adaptive filters for estimating and tracking the delay of sinusoids for applications in radar and sonar, determination of the number of iterations required for convergence of certain compressed sensing (CS) recovery algorithms, development of novel sparse adaptive filters, new convergence bounds for certain CS recovery algorithms, new algorithms for multichannel ARMA modeling and filtering, new architectures for adaptive equalizers and fast algorithms for cyclostationary processes etc..
- Professor, IIT, Kharagpur, since January, 2005
- Associate Professor, IIT, Kharagpur, August, 2000 -- Dec., 2004
- Assistant Professor, IIT, Kharagpur, Sept., 1995 -- July, 2000
- Lecturer, IIT, Kharagpur, June, 1994 -- August, 1995.
Digital signal processing, adaptive filters, compressed sensing, linear algebra, DSP architecture.
Department of E&ECE,
Indian Institute of Technology,
Kharagpur-721 302 (WB)
- B.E., Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, 1983, Jadavpur University, Calcutta
- M.Tech., Electrical Engineering, 1985, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, 1994, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Awards and Major Professional Recognitions
- Fellow, National Academy of Science, India (NASI), since 2015.
- Fellow, INAE, since 2010
- Distinguished Lecturer, Asia Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association (APSIPA)
- Chair, DSP Technical Committee of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society.
- Senior Editorial Board Member, IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems (JETCAS) (2016-2018).
- Senior Editorial Board Member, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine (2016-2018)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Part I (2004-2007, 2010-2012).
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Part II (2008-2009).
- Editorial Board Member, IEEE Computing in Science and Engineering Magazine (2014 onwards), as a representative of the IEEE Signal Processing Society.
- Guest Editor, EURASIP
- DSP Track chair, IEEE ISCAS 2015, 2016.
- Gabor Track Chair, DSP-2015.
- General chair and also TPC chair, National Conference on Communications, 2012.
INAE Section Affiliated VI: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Year of Election to Fellowship: 2010
Year of Birth: 1961