Dr Jonnalagadda Raghava Rao
Chief Scientist, Central Leather Research Institute
Areas of Interest:
Cleaner Leather processing, Ecobenign leather chemicals, Solid waste management, Tannery waste water treatment, Biobased leather processing, Waterless tanning.
Leather Science & Technology, Environmental Chemistry, Solid waste management, Wastewater Treatment
Leather processing, Tannery wastewater treatment, Tannery solid waste management .
Sector Associated With:
Sectors Interested to Offer Service:
Major Professional Contributions:
* Clean and green leather processing
* Chrome management methodologies
* Bio processing for leather
* Waterless leather processing
* Utilisation of tannery solid waste
* Recovery of value added products from tannery wastewater.
- Senior Scientist 1998 to 2002
- Principle Scientist 2002 to 2006
- Senior principle Scientist 2006 to 2011
- Chief Scientist 2011 to till date.
Leather, cleaner processing, Tannery waste, bioprocess, waterless tanning, recovery, chromium, green process.
Office: Chemical laboratory
Central Leather Research Institute
Adyar, Chennai 600020
Tel (home): 044 22353609
Fax: 044 24912150
- B.Tech (Leather Technology) 1980-1984
- M.Tech (Leather Technology) 1985-1987
- PhD (Leather technology) 1987-1991
Awards and Major Professional Recognitions
- Elected as Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC)
- Elected as Fellow of Indian National Academy of Engineering (FNAE)
- Elected as Fellow of Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences (FAPAS)
- Honorary Professor of Anna University and AcSIR
- Indira Gandhi Paryavaran Purashkar 2006 for Environmental Protection, MoEF, Government of India, New Delhi
- NRDC Meritorious Invention Award 2007 from National Research Development Corporation (NRDC), New Delhi
- Tamil Nadu Scientist Award 2007 from Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology, GoTN
- Biotech Product & Process Development & Commercialization Award – 2005 from Department of Biotechnology (DBT), GoI
- Burhani Foundation – NEERI- Award 2001 for Innovation in Environmentally Sound Technology, Burhani Foundation, Nagpur
- WIPO certificate of Merit 2008 from World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and NRDC, New Delhi
- J Sinha Roy Memorial Award for the best article published in JILTA, Foundation Day Celebrations of ILTA, Kolkata
- Merit Award for the CSIR Leadership Development Program for middle to senior level leaders, CSIR, 2008.
- Environmental Award 2003 for the Best Research Paper in Environmental Science & Technology from DoE, Government of Tamil Nadu
- AISHTMA Platinum Jubilee National Award 1995 for Ecological Sustainability of Indian Leather Industry from AISHTMA, Chennai
- Hari Om Ashram Prerit Shri. S.S. Bhatnagar Research Award for the Prevention of Water Pollution – 1991, CSMCRI, Bhavnagar
INAE Section Affiliated IV: Chemical Engineering
Year of Election to Fellowship: 2011
Year of Birth: 30 August 1961