Professor Debatosh Guha
HAL Chair Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Areas of Interest:
Antenna Engineering, Microwave Engineering, Applied Electromagnetics.
microstrip antenna, printed antenna techniques, wireless antenna, Dielectric Resonator Antenna (DRA), Ultrawideband antenna.
microstrip antenna, wireless antenna, Ultrawideband DRA.
Sector Associated With:
Sectors Interested to Offer Service:
Educational / Academic institutions, Industry (Private), Industry (PSUs), R&D Organizations, Government (including funding agencies)
Major Professional Contributions:
Introduced a new design technique for microstrip antennas using defected ground structure (DGS); Developed a novel high gain antenna for wireless industry (commercialized in 2006); Explored known modes in composite DRA structures to realize broadband compact antennas; Introduced a new radiating mode for cylindrical DRA along with new concepts of feeding technique.
- Chairman of IEEE Kolkata Section with geographical jurisdiction covering 12 Indian States and Union Territories (2013-2014)
- General Co-Chair: International Workshop on Antenna Innovations and Modern Technologies (iAIM) Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India, 26-27 December, 2015
- Asia Liaison in the 8th EUCAP, Hague, The Netherlands (2014)
- General Chair: IEEE CALCON, Kolkata, India (2014)
- International Program Committee, ACME, Bologna, Italy, (2014)
- Technical Program Committee, iWAT, Sydney, Australia (2014)
- Founding Chair: IEEE AP/MTT Kolkata Chapter (2004) & Chair (2010-2011).
- Founding Chair: IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conference (AEMC), Kolkata, India (2007)
- Founding Chair: IEEE Indian Antenna Week, Puri, India (2010)
- General Chair: 2nd edition of AEMC, Kolkata (2009) and 3rd edition of AEMC, Kolkata (2011)
- General Chair: 2nd edition of IEEE IAW, Kolkata, India (2011)
- International Organizing Committee, IEEE MTT-S IMaRC, New Delhi, India (2013)
- Technical Program Committee, 34th PIERS, Stockholm, Sweden (2013)
- International Program Committee, ACME, Helsinki, Finland (2013)
- International Advisory Committee, URSI- EMTS, Hiroshima, Japan (2013)
- International Advisory Committee, Asia Pacific Conf. Antennas & Propagation, Singapore (2012).
microstrip antenna, printed antenna Dielectric Resonator Antenna, Ultrawideband antenna..
Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering
IIT Kharagpur 721302, India
Phone: (+91) 3222 283522
Mobile: (+91) 9231353055
- B. Tech. (Radio Physics and Electronics) 1987 (University of Calcutta)
- M. Tech. (Radio Physics and Electronics) 1989 (University of Calcutta)
- Ph. D. (Radio Physics and Electronics) 1994 (University of Calcutta)
Awards and Major Professional Recognitions
- Fellow, Indian National Academy of Engineering (FNAE).
- Fellow, Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (FIETE)
- RMTG Senior Researcher Award, IEEE AP-S, Chicago, 2012.
- URSI Young Scientist Award, Lille, Franc, 1996
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Student Paper Contest, New Delhi, 1992.
- University Gold Medal in M. Tech. Examination, 1989.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Prize, 1984.
INAE Section Affiliated To : Section VI: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Year of Election to Fellowship: 2012
Year of Birth: 1963