Professor Ashok Kumar Tripathy
Advisor (research) and Senior professor, Silicon Institute of Technology, Patia Hills, Bhubaneshwar, 751024 Odisha
Areas of Interest:
Power Systems analysis, EHV and UHV studies, Energy studies related to feasibility studies and detail project reports, equipment testing, Equipment failure analysis, renewable energy, Power Electronics.
Power system analysis, Equipment testing and Power quality, Energy conservation, teaching HVDC, FACTS, Power Quality.
Grid and industry related power system analysis, Power quality solutions, System improvements, Energy conservation.
Sector Associated With:
Sectors Interested to Offer Service:
Educational / Academic institutions, Industry (Private), Industry (PSUs), R&D Organizations, Government (including funding agencies), Consultancy Firms
Major Professional Contributions:
- Lead a team of engineers both at BHEL and CPRI and took part in more than 100 consultancy jobs.
- Was project Director of 1st Indian HVDC project from 1997 to 2004 and got the first project successfully commissioned.
- At present, Chairman project review committee of five National level projects under ministry of Deity. Govt of India.
- Pioneered several power Electronics based first time projects under FACTS category, such as TCSC, STATCOM, and TCPAR, in India.
- Added several new testing Labs at CPRI and a national level research centre while being DG CPRI
- As chairman ETDC under Bureau of Indian standards for 2 years processed the approval of several new standards.
1. Chief of Transmission & Dist.BHEL 2002-2004 New Delhi
2. Director General C.P.R.I Bangalore 2004-2008
3. Member Management Board CESU Odisha since 2012
4. Section Chair IEEE Bangalore section 2006-2008,and
presently Chair PES Chapter India council IEEE.
5. Member state advisory council (SAC) of OERC Odisha
6. Chairman ETDC Bureau of Indian Standards 2006-2008 , as additional responsibility with DG CPRI.
7. On job visit to Sweden (ABB works), Erlangen Germany (Siemens), Ukraine (Transformers), USSR, Canada (EPRI), France (CIGRE meets), Malayasia and others
8. Teaching for more than 7 years (2008 till date) at post graduate and graduate level.
HVDC, FACTS, Power electronics, Power Quality, System analysis, EHV, System Study.
Prof. A. K.Tripathy
Kananvihar Phage 1
Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, India 751031
Phone (Mob) 9938696023, Res 0672742649
- 1963 Matriculation, National scholarship holder
- 1969 BSc (Engg) HONS. Electrical Engg. REC Rorkela
- 1971 M.E in Power Systems Engg. I.I.Sc., Bangalore
- 1975 Grad IIIE, Industrial Engg. NITIE, Bombay, while on job
- 1973 A.M.I Mech Engg. in Mech. Engg, while on job
Awards and Major Professional Recognitions
- S.P Hatte Gold medal from IIIE in 1975 for al India 1st rank in Grad examination
- BHEL Anusandhan award in 2002
- P.M.Ahluwalia award of CBIP for outstanding contribution to Power systems in 2005
- Fellow Inst of Engineers India since 2005
- Fellow of INAE, inducted in 2005
- Senior member IEEE since 2001.
- Life member of ISTE and Solar society of India.
INAE Section Affiliated To: Section V: Electrical Engineering
Year of Election to Fellowship: 2005
Year of Birth: 1948