Professor Amalendu Bhushan Bhattacharyya
Chairman BoG, NITDGP, NIT Durgapur
Areas of Interest:
Micro/Nano - Electronics, VLSI Design, MEMS and Sensors, Compact MOSFET Model, Higher Technical Education
Micro Electronics Technologies, Semiconductor Devices, CMOS low power Analog Circuits, MEMS and Sensors, Higher Technical Education
Compact MOSFET Model, CMOS Analog Circuit Designs, Higher Technical Education
Sector Associated With:
Sectors Interested to Offer Service:
Major Professional Contributions:
1. Pioneered research in the area of MOS Technology in India establishing state of the art microelectronics technology facilities at IIT Delhi.
2. Also was the first to start research in Surface Acoustic Wave Devices. (SAW) and Charged Coupled Devices(CCD) in collaboration with Industry and Defence.
3. As a member of Electronics Commission Govt. of India and Member VLSI Task Force was instrumental in initiating many Govt. initiatives for research and education in Microelectronics technologies, VLSI design, Surface Acoustic Wave Devices, National Mission Program and Human Resource Development.
4. Formulated Intellectual Property Right Policy at IIT Delhi adapted as a model document in many educational institute.
5. One of the founder members of INAE.
- Professor IIT Delhi 1975 to 1998.
- Dean Industrial Research and Development IIT Delhi 1991 to 1994.
- Director Institute of Technology and Management, Gurgaon 1998 to 2000.
- Emeritus Professor Jaypee Institute of Information Technology. 2004 to 2015.
- Chairman BoG, NIT Durgapur 2015 till date.
VLSI design, CMOS Analog Circuits, Sensors and MEMS, Microelectronics Technologies, Higher Technical Education
House No - C 184,
Sector 26, Noida, U.P
Phone: +91-9818126754 (M)
- B.Sc. BHU, 1956.
- M.Sc. BHU (physics with electronics as specialisation 1958.
- PhD BHU (physics and radio communication).
Awards and Major Professional Recognitions
- IIT – Delhi Platinum Jubilee Distinguished Service Award, IIT – Delhi (2011).
- Techno Visionary Award by Indian Semiconductor Association for Lifetime Contribution in Microelectronics (2009).
- S. N. Mitra INAE award (2005).
- National Khosla award (1985).
- VASVIK award (1984).
- Vikram Sarabhai award (1980).
- Founder Fellow, Indian National Academy of Engineering.
- Fellow, Indian Nation Science Academy.
- Fellow, Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
- Member, Electronics Commission, Govt. of India – 3 years.
- Member, Board of Governor, Semiconductor Complex, Chandigarh – 4 years.
- Member, Indo-US Committee on Microelectronics – 2 years.
- Member, VLSI Task Force, Govt. of India.
- Member, CSIR Bhatnagar Award and Director Search Committee.
- Coordinator, IIT Mission Project.
International Visiting Assignments:
- Visiting Faculty, University of Southampton (U.K.)- (1971 – 1972).
- Visiting Faculty, Fellow, University of Twente (The Netherlands) - (1979 – 1980).
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Moscow Power Institute.
- Visiting Professor, University of Rochester - (1987 – 1988).
- Visiting Fellow, University of California, Los Angeles (USA) - (1999).
- Visiting Fellow, University of Pierre et Marie Curi, Paris (France).
INAE Section Affiliated To: Section VI: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Year of Election to Fellowship: 1986
Year of Birth: 19/12/1937