Dr RAJEEV SHOREY
Principal Scientist, TCS Innovation Labs, Cincinnati/Bangalore
Areas of Interest:
Communication Networks, Wireless and Wired Networks, Performance Modelling and Analysis of Communication and Computing Systems, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Automotive Cyber Security, Smart Manufacturing, Supply Chain.
Communication Networks, Distributed Systems, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Automotive Cyber Security, Telecommunications, Telematics
Communication Networks, Distributed Systems, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Automotive Cyber Security, Telecommunications, Telematics.
Sector Associated With:
Sectors Interested to Offer Service:
Major Professional Contributions:
Dr. Shorey has lead high potential groups in several Research labs in his career: SASKEN technologies, IBM Research, GM Research and TCS Innovation Labs.
The four most distinctive technical contributions of Dr. Rajeev Shorey have been in the areas of (i) Wireless Personal Area Networks (PANs), including Bluetooth and Mobile Ad Hoc Wireless Networks (MANETs), and (ii) Vehicular Communications, specifically Security in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs), (iii) Automotive Cyber Security and (iv) Internet of Things.
Dr. Shorey's work has resulted in more than 50 publications in international journals and conferences and 12 issued US patents to his credit. Several publications and US patents of the nominee have a high citation index (google scholar)..
- TCS Innovation Labs, Cincinnati, USA & Bangalore, India
Principal Scientist (Since November 2014)
- NIIT University, India
President (August 2009 – December 2012)
Professor (Communications/Networking & Computer Science) (August 2009 – Summer 2013)
- General Motors Research, Bangalore (October 2005 – August 2009)
Lab Group Manager (LGM), Vehicle Communications and Telematics Group
- IBM Research, New Delhi (March 1998 – October 2005)
Research Staff Member and Project Lead, Networking Group
- SASKEN Technologies, Bangalore (December 1995 – February 1998)
Project Lead, Wireless Systems Engineering
Communication Networks, Internet, Wireless Networks, PANs, LANs, WANs, Cellular, Telecommunications, Telematics, Cyber Security, Automotive Cyber Security, Internet of Things, Performance Modeling & Analysis, Distributed Systems, Protocols, Standards..
Dr. Rajeev Shorey
Globalaxis H Block,
Tata Consultancy Services Limited,
Gopalan Enterprises Pvt Ltd (Global Axis) SEZ "H" Block,No. 152 (Sy No. 147,157 & 158),
Hoody Village, EPIP Zone,(II Stage),
Whitefield, K.R. Puram Hobli,
Bangalore - 560066,
Mobile Phone: +91 - 9650025110
- Ph.D, Electrical Communications Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, 1996 (Area: Communication Networks)
- M.S (Engg), Electrical Communications Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, 1991. (Area: Distributed Systems)
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E), Computer Science & Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, 1987.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc), St. Stephen's College, Delhi University, Delhi, India, 1984
Awards and Major Professional Recognitions
- Recognized by ACM as a Distinguished Scientist in December 2014.
- Elected Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) for technical leadership and exceptional contributions in applied research in the areas of wireless and wired communication networks (2007)
- Elected Fellow of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), 2007
- Awarded the Sheshagiri Kainini Gold Medal, a certificate and cash award for the best Ph.D thesis in the division of Electrical Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, for the year 1997
- Awarded the Mukherji Memorial Price for the best student in B.Sc for the year 1984 in St. Stephen's College, Delhi University
INAE Section Affiliated VI: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Year of Election to Fellowship: 2007
Year of Birth: 1963